|General Cancellation Policy for Lodging Units
*All reservations require a 25% down payment within five business days to confirm.
*Cancellations received within 24 hours after booking reservation will receive a 100% refund.
*Cancellations received 30 days or more prior to arrival will result in forfeiture of deposit only.
*You may change the dates of stay one time if requested more than 30 days from your arrival date with an
additional $25 change fee added per unit reserved. Changes will not be allowed less than 30 days prior to your
*No refunds will be made for cancellations made within 30 days of arrival date.
In addition, your credit card on file will be charged for the entire length of your reserved stay, less any nights we are
able to rebook with another reservation on the same dates as your reservation.
*No refunds or reductions for late arrivals, early departures, weather, or lake conditions.
Why do we have this cancellation policy?
We have created this policy to make sure those calling for reservations are serious about visiting us. We are a small
private resort with very special waterfront accommodations of which are in high demand in the summer season. It is
not cost effective for us to honor reservations, while turning other customers away, if the reservation is cancelled at
the last minute and the rental unit ends up empty. As we continue to grow it has become necessary that we have a
standard policy for everyone. Therefore, we do not allow refunds anymore. We request our Guests honor their
reservations as well.
All rates, rules, or policies are subject to change without notice.
|ACORNS RESORT : 3710 FARNUM CREEK RD. MILFORD, KS 66514 : 785-463-4000 : ACORNSRESORT@YAHOO.COM
|We at Acorns Resort appreciate your business. To better accommodate our guests and to avoid misunderstandings
in the future we ask that you read and understand the terms of the reservation agreement and our cancellation policy.
For your benefit, please read the following policies:
1. Reservations will be guaranteed ONLY after 25% deposit is received and availability is confirmed. ALL DEPOSITS ARE
NON-REFUNDABLE! Balance is due at time of check-in. There will be no refunds. If you must change your reservation, we will do our
best to rebook your stay for a later date, and a $25 change fee will apply. Changes in dates will not be allowed less than 30 days before
your check in date. PLEASE SEE CANCELLATION POLICY BELOW. Gift certificates are also available.
2. You will be liable for any damages or losses incurred during your stay. If you become aware of damages or missing items upon check
in, they must be reported within 30 min by contacting the office at (785) 463-4000. If damages or missing items are noted after your
stay, you could be held responsible for any amount to repair the damages, in addition to possible loss of rental income, or other
damages including legal fees. This also applies to extensive cleaning or smoke damage, if required (min $25).
3. Daily maid service will not be provided. To help us conserve water, we ask that you please reuse your towels.
Fresh/Extra towels will provided upon request for guests staying more than 3 days. Extended stay guests - linens will be changed
upon request. If you require cleaning during your stay, please arrange for additional services prior to arrival (additional fee of $25/day).
Prior to check out you will be responsible for a general sweeping, removal of perishable items, bagging of all trash and washing all dishes.
4. Linens, blankets, pillows, towels, washcloths, dish towels, dishes, utensils, cups and misc cookware are provided in Cabins only. These
items are not authorized for use outside the facilities (except for eating on porch). Any item missing or damaged by improper use will be
charged to the Lessee. A "starter" supply of toilet paper, trash bags and dish soap is provided. Shampoo, bath soap and hairdryers
are not provided.
5. Guests will not have additional tents outside cabin except with prior approval & permit.
6. Absolutely No Smoking allowed in cabin or lodge rooms at any time. If suspected, excessive cleaning fee of $100 will apply .
7. Pets allowed upon pre-approval only. Pets must be secured at all times. Additional non-refundable pet fee of $10 per pet/per day will
be charged. There will be no more than two pets allowed in each unit.
8. Quiet hours are from 11pm to 8am. Excessive loud noise or other behavior not courteous to other guests will not be tolerated at
9. No bonfires will be allowed. Use camp fire rings only.
10. All vehicles entering Acorns Resort must have a visitors pass. Passes are available at the office and a certain number of passes will be
provided depending upon reservation. Additional passes or day use passes are available for $5. Any vehicle which does not display a
visitors pass will be asked to purchase one or may be subject to towing. Park only in authorized parking spaces. Get prior approval for
11. Cutting of limbs for any reason is prohibited and will result in $100 damage fee. Guests trimming limbs has already
resulted in a large reduction of available tree cover in some locations and will not be tolerated. There is firewood for sale at the office for
12. Kayaks/canoes on site are for rental use only and require prior authorization, waiver and payment to use. Use of kayaks/canoes
without previous authorization will result in additional charges starting at a minimum of $25.
13. Limited occupancy is as follows: cabins 1-5, 6 per cabin; cabin 6, 12 per cabin; cabins 8-11, 10 per cabin; cabins 12-15, 8 per
cabin; lodge rooms, 4 per room. Additional guests may be authorized by paying an additional fee of $15/person/night.
THERE ARE TO BE NO MORE THAN 10 PEOPLE IN CABINS 1-5 AND NO MORE THAN 20 PEOPLE TOTAL IN CABIN 6 AND NO MORE
THAN 18 PEOPLE IN CABINS 8-11 AND NO MORE THAN 14 PEOPLE IN CABINS 12-15 AT ANY TIME, REGARDLESS IF THEY ARE
STAYING THE NIGHT OR NOT. THESE LIMITS ARE IN PLACE FOR YOUR SAFETY AND ARE NON-NEGOTIABLE. ANY VIOLATION OF THIS
POLICY WILL RESULT IN IMMEDIATE DISMISSAL FROM THE RESORT AND NON-REFUND OF RENTAL FEES.
GENERAL RENTAL AGREEMENT TERMS
|WHETHER ACTUALLY READ OR NOT. BY BOOKING YOUR
RESERVATION YOU ARE AGREEING TO THESE TERMS.